The Military Advanced Regional Anesthesia and Analgesia Handbook
This handbook, developed as a supplement to “Emergency War Surgery—The Third United States Revision,” serves as a resource for managing the pain of battlefield trauma. Its purpose is to educate anesthesiology residents in the art and science of advanced regional anesthesia techniques and acute pain medicine.
“The Military Advanced Regional Anesthesia and Analgesia Handbook” is available for free download. However, please note that any changes or modifications to the handbook are strictly prohibited. Readers can choose to download the handbook by chapter or in its entirety.
Installation instructions for the MARAA book on a Kindle are available.
Download the Military Advanced Regional Anesthesia and Analgesia Handbook in EPUB format.
Download the Military Advanced Regional Anesthesia and Analgesia Handbook (zip file)
Download the Military Advanced Regional Anesthesia and Analgesia Handbook (Kindle file .MOBI format)
- Introduction (Front Material)
- Chapter 1 – The Military Advanced Regional Anesthesia and Analgesia Initiative: A Brief History
- Chapter 2 – Peripheral Nerve Block Equipment
- Chapter 3 – Local Anesthetics
- Chapter 4 – Nerve Stimulation and Ultrasound Theory
- Chapter 5 – Upper Extremity Neuroanatomy
- Chapter 6 – Cervical Plexus Block
- Chapter 7 – Interscalene Block
- Chapter 8 – Supraclavicular Block
- Chapter 9 – Infraclavicular Block
- Chapter 10 – Axillary Block
- Chapter 11 – Peripheral Nerve Blocks of the Arm
- Chapter 12 – Paravertebral Nerve Block
- Chapter 13 – Lower Extremity Neuroanatomy
- Chapter 14 – Lumbar Plexus Block
- Chapter 15 – Femoral Nerve Block
- Chapter 16 – Individual Nerve Blocks of the Lumbar Plexus
- Chapter 17 – Sciatic Nerve Block: Posterior and Alternative Approaches
- Chapter 18 – Sciatic Nerve Block: Anterior Approach
- Chapter 19 – Sciatic Nerve Block: Lateral Approach
- Chapter 20 – Popliteal Nerve Block
- Chapter 21 – Saphenous Nerve Block
- Chapter 22 – Ankle Block
- Chapter 23 – Bier Block
- Chapter 24 – Continuous Peripheral Nerve Block
- Chapter 25 – Regional Anesthesia Complications
- Chapter 26 – Acute Pain Management in the Field
- Chapter 27 – Improving Surgical Pain Management With Multidisciplinary Care
- Chapter 28 – Interventional Chronic Pain Treatment in Mature Theaters of Operation
- Chapter 29 – Air Transport of the Critically Injured Patient: Controlling Pain During Transport and Flight
- Chapter 30 – Basic Pediatric Regional Anesthesia
- Chapter 31 – Acute Pain Nursing in the Field
- Chapter 32 – Novel Medical Acupuncture Treatments for Active Combat Units on the Battlefield
- Further Reading (Back Material)
©2008 The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc.
No copyrighted parts of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical (including photocopy, recording, or any information storage or retrieval system), without permission in writing from the publisher or copyright owner.